“Learn at your own pace” to effectuate the aim of NIOS , we are pleased to inform you that Hindustan International School, Karapakkam has now been affiliated to NIOS (National Institute for Open Schooling) bearing the Affiliation No – AVI 840005.
The NIOS Board is constituted under the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Govt. of India. It is the world’s largest open schooling system and third largest board following the CBSE and the ICSE with4.13 million enrollments in India.
Highlights of NIOS schooling:
- There is no upper age limit for admission. However the minimum age of enrolment is 14 for secondary and 15 for senior secondary course.
- The learner has an option to choose any subject combination from the list of subjects offered in the scheme of studies in the below table . In addition vocational courses are also offered.
- The public examination are conducted by NIOS twice a year . A learner gets nine chances to appear in the public exam over a period of five years to complete.
- The learner has an flexibility of transfer of credit to a maximum of two passed subjects from a recognised board of school education.
- Students who pass out of NIOS are qualified to seek admissions in All India as well as State Medical, Engineering and various competitive examinations such as IIT, JEE, NEET and other professional courses on all the universities across the country and many prominent universities overseas, as well. They are also authorized to seek Government jobs, be it State or Central government.