NIOS Admission 2021-22: The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has started the registration process for class 10, 12 public exams October-November 2021. The last date to apply was till August 16, 2021 without any late fee at the official website – nios.ac.in. The facility to apply will remain open till August 26 with a late fee of Rs 100 per subject and till September 6 with an additional fee of Rs 1500 per learner, according to the official notice.
The board did not conduct the June 2021 public exams this year for both classes 10, 12 due to a major rise in Covid-19 cases. The board had devised special evaluation criteria for students to declare the results. In this article, we will provide you with all the detailed information regarding the NIOS Admission Procedure. Read on to find out.
Official notice: NIOS Class 10 & 12 Oct-Nov Public Exam 2021 last date to register till September 6, 2021 with an additional fee of Rs 1,500 per learner. Candidates can apply online through the official site of NIOS on nios.ac.in.
NIOS Admission 2021-22
National Institute of Open Schooling. Before getting into the details of NIOS Admission, let’s have an overview of NIOS:
|Institute Name||National Institute of Open Schooling|
|Education Type||Online and Distance Education|
|Level of the Exam||National level|
NIOS Admission Stream 1 Block 1 April 2021-2022 Dates: NIOS Admission Last Date
Check the following table to know the NIOS admission last dates for Stream 1 Block 1 April 2022:
|NIOS April 2022 Admission Events||Important Dates|
|Admission with normal fee||March 16 to July 31, 2021|
|Admission with late fee||Sep 30 2021|
|Exam dates||March/April 2022 (Tentative)|
NIOS Admission Stream 1 Block 2 October 2021-2022 Dates
Check the new timetable for NIOS Stream 1 October 2022 admission:
|NIOS October 2022 Admission Events||Important Dates|
|Admission with normal fee||September 16, 2021, to January 31, 2022|
|Admission with late fee||February 1-15, 2022|
|Exam dates||October/November 2022 (Tentative)|
Download detailed NIOS Syllabus from here:
|NIOS Syllabus For Class 10||NIOS Syllabus For Class 12|
NIOS Admission Eligibility Criteria
Students seeking admission into NIOS must meet the NIOS eligibility criteria specified by the officials.
NIOS Eligibility Criteria for Stream 1 Candidates
The eligibility criteria for securing admission in Secondary as well as Higher Secondary for Stream 1 candidates are listed below:
Secondary or Class 10
- Students must have passed Class 8 and the minimum age of the candidate must be 14 years.
- A learner giving a self-certificate stating “I have studied enough to be able to pursue secondary course” is also eligible for admission to the Secondary Course.
- A learner who had studied at the secondary level can also seek admission in NIOS either to complete his course or to improve his performance.
Higher Secondary or Class 12
- The minimum age to take admission in the Senior Secondary Course is 15 years as of 31st January 2020 (born on or before 31/01/2004).
- The learner must have passed the Secondary course from a recognized Board.
NIOS Eligibility Criteria for Stream 2 Candidates
All those candidates who are not eligible for Stream 1 can take admission in NIOS Stream 2. They must be above 14 years of age for Class 10 and above 15 years of age for Class 12 admissions.
How Can I Apply For 12th/10th In NIOS?
Candidates who wish to secure admission into NIOS have to fill up the admission form in online mode only and register themselves. The registration of NIOS Admission can be done in any of the following ways:
- Students can call on 05946-262127 for any assistance
- Candidates can visit the nearest study or faculty center to register.
- Students can also visit the nearest NIOS Regional Center to fill up the application form in online mode.
Once the candidate is registered, the NIOS Admission is valid for five years, and a student can take 9 or less than 9 chances to complete the course in this period.
NIOS Admission: Subjects Offered
For different courses, the subject offered are tabulated below:
|Secondary||Hindi (201), English(202), Bengali(203), Marathi(204), Telugu(205), Urdu(206), Gujarati(207), Kannada(208), Sanskrit(209), Punjabi(210), Assamese (228),Nepali(231), Malayalam(232), Oriya(233), Arabic (235) Mathematics(211), Science(212), Social Science(213), Economics(214), Business Studies(215), Home Science(216), Psychology (222), Bhartiya Culture & Heritage (223), Painting (225), Data Entry Operations (229)|
|Senior Secondary||Hindi(301), English(302), Urdu(306), Bengali (303), Sanskrit (309), Mathematics(311), Physics(312), Chemistry(313) , Biology(314),History(315), Geography(316), Political Science(317), Economics(318), Commerce(319), Accountancy(320), Home Science(321),
Stenography(Urdu) (329), Secretarial Practice(326), Psycology(328), Computer Science(330), Sociology(331), Painting (332), Mass Communication (335), Environmental science (333), Data entry Operations (333)
- Students must select 5 subjects with either one or two languages.
- A minimum of five subjects and 2 additional subjects can also be taken.
- The students are advised to select the subjects as per their plan of study and work.